Re: Debian 1.2 international?

On Sun, 29 Dec 1996, Francesco Tapparo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have read in this Mailing List that some packages in Debian 1.2 (e.g. shellutils and fileutils) are internationalized.
> I have installed the package wg15-locale, and I hav set LANG and LC_ALL to it_IT, but the error messages are in english, and ditto for the date.
> What is wrong?
> Thanks in anticipation.

'Internationalized' doesn't mean they speak evey language... I know
shellutils, etc. have started speaking French to me since a recent
upgrade. But looking in the directory /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES, it
looks like the Italian translation isn't ready... because it's not there.

Maybe someone else on this list can update you on the status of the
Italian translation of the GNU stuff...

  Christian