what broke ip forwarding?

What packages in bo could plausibly have an effect on ip forwarding?

I had forwarding and masquerading working reliably on a machine
running 2.0.27 until I upgraded a bunch of packages. Suddenly it quit,
and now the only way it works is if I set the default policy to
accept.

+  Michael D. Harnois           +  It is easier to make a saint out of   +
+  Pastor, computer nerd,       +  a libertine than out of a prig.       +
+  Linux user, Havanese owner   +                                        +
+  mharnois@sbt.net             +          --Santayana                   +