Re: Problems with XFree86 Setup and Minicom

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, Mikael Bendtsen wrote:

>      I have been able to run Minicom without any problems but now it can't
>      find the modem (US Robotics Sportster 28800).
>
>      When my system boots I get a few error messages:
>
>      /dev/cua0 'no such device'
>
>      /dev/cua1 'no such device'
>      /dev/cua2 'no such device'
>      /dev/cua3 'no such device'

Linux folks recommend using /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, ... instead.
Reconfigure minicom to use these devices instead and check that
they exist by executing:

      ls /dev/ttyS?

>      Then, when I try configuring X with the standard SVGA X-server I get
>      this message when I type startx:
>
>      xinit: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6'
>
>      As far as I've found out, this library isn't referenced anywhere on my
>      harddisk. How do I get it there? I have added /usr/X11R6/lib to
>      /etc/ld.so.conf and /usr/X11R6/bin to the path statement in
>      /etc/profile.

Does the link exist?  An ls on my system gives:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so -> libXmu.so.6.0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6 -> libXmu.so.6.0
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6.0

--- Jean Pierre