Re: mirror up-to-dateness report

On Wed, 25 Dec 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I am experimenting with a script that audits the up-to-dateness of Debian
> FTP mirror systems. Here's my report so far:

> These 27 of our 42 listed mirrors are up-to-date. Some may be missing
> from this list because they are more than 24 hours behind the master
> copy of the Debian FTP archive, or they don't allow the PASV FTP
> command (I'll fix my program), or I couldn't contact them this evening,
> or the root of the Debian archive isn't what is listed in
> README.mirrors. This report will become more reliable over the next
> week or so, and will become a regular feature on our web site.

Great idea! What would you think about a script that checks the
connectivity to a given set of "closest" mirrors based on the "Timezone"
or so and reports the "fastest"  mirror available?

Alexander List,
Neue-Welt-Hoehe 52a, A-8042 Graz, Austria, EU
phone: +43-316-474737
Home address: Dafens 4, A-6824 Schlins, Austria, EU
phone: +43-5524-8560

mailto:alexlist@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/alexlist