Re: Bug or feature?

> > If I understand correctly, as soon as I set the 'user' flag in /etc/fstab,
> > any user can mount/unmount a partition. But - why can't I use 'mount
> > -atnfs' when all nfs partitions have the user flag set (error message is
> > 'mount: only root can do that')?
> I suspect you also need mount permission from the nfs hosts.
> Otherwise, IMHO, this would be a very handy trick to hack into other
> perople's computers ??

I didn't state so, but mounting each of the nfs partitions separately
works, i.e. 'mount /Firefranc'
fstab entry is:
firefranc:/  /Firefranc  nfs  user,exec,dev

just the 'mount -atnfs' comes up with an error...

   Benedikt

signoff

---
 Benedikt Eric Heinen  -  Muehlemattstrasse 53  -  CH3007 Bern  -   SWITZERLAND
 email: beh@icemark.thenet.ch				 phone: ++41.79.3547891

RIOT, n.  A popular entertainment given to the military by innocent bystanders.

				     Ambrose Bierce  ``The Devil's Dictionary''