Kernel Source

I've always "rolled my own" kernels from the source off of sunsite.unc.edu
and never from the Debian source.  My problem now  is, I decided to wipe
out my own kernel source and replace it with the Debian kernel source.
I configured everything up to how it was before, and tried to run "make
dep" but  I get the following errors:

gcc -I/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.27/include -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/mkdep scripts/mkdep.c
scripts/mkdep.c: In function `main':
scripts/mkdep.c:267: `patth_array' undeclared (first use this function)
scripts/mkdep.c:267: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
scripts/mkdep.c:267: for each function it appears in.)
scripts/mkdep.c:267: parse error before `;'
scripts/mkdep.c:273: `name' undeclared (first use this function)
scripts/mkdep.c: At top level:
scripts/mkdep.c:290: parse error before `return'
make: *** [scripts/mkdep] Error 1
dst:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.27#

and as you see, it doesn't want to make the dependancies.  Whats up with
the kernel?  I've never had this kind of problem before, and I didn't do
any configuration differences on the configuration, except for
modularizing a a.out support.

Just to let everyone know, my ISP's T1 connection went down, and they are
too stupid to figure out how to get it back up and running.  I tried
sending several messages out earlier, but it seems that they have been
down for at least 3 or 4 hours.  (I think it may be time to switch to a
new ISP... nobody there REALLY knows any type of detailed knowledge of the
systems they are running)  so if this message DOES arrive, it will
probably be REALLY LATE. :(

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
       mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/users/servo