Re: X & Serial Ports

Uhh.., I am a relative newcomer myself, but I already learned something
from this list: don't use /dev/cua*, it's sort of obsolete. I had some
minor problems as well but they disappeared when I converted all cua*
occurrances in configuration files to ttyS*'s.

> >Upon booting up X with startx, the computer can no longer communicate with
> >the /dev/cua3, which my modem is connected to.

> Hmm, it's look like X is trying use /dev/cua[13] or a symbol link to one of
> them. For instance, it might be that X is using /dev/mouse and the latter is
> a symbol link to /dev/cua[13]. Check out your '/etc/X11/XF86Config' file to
> see which devices are used

So do go check XF86Config en your modem/network config files as well.

Hope this helps you out.

Joost