Re: Printing question ...

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Martin Konold wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know how to prevent a banner page from being
> > printed?
>
> Try inserting ':sh:' in you /etc/printcap. This entry means 'suppress
> header'

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I had the "burst" page
suppressed with the :sh: boolean, and even tried the -h option to
the lpr command, but the boolean I was looking for isn't
implemented on linux.  That doesn't matter because the problem is
at the printer.  It turns out that this printer is running its
own lpd service and it can only be configured with HP's software
(JetAdmin), which isn't available on Linux.  I'll try to get a
hold of it for SunOS and run it from there to turn it off.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan