Re: List of installation problems for 1.2

> The following list was composed from reports of those who have already
> installed Debian GNU/Linux 1.2. If you are having any trouble with your
> installation, consult this list for possible solutions.

[cut]

> 18. Mc fails to declare it's dependence on libgpm.
> 	Should declare dpendence on libgpm.
> 	Install the gpm package.

I'll add one thing that I noticed during a fresh install. There was already
discussion about this on the list a couple of days ago.

19. /etc/cron.daily/find from findutils_4.1.-12 fails and locate won't work.
       /var/lib/locate is owned by root.root but updatedb is runnings as
nobody        from a cron job. Running 'chown nobody.nogroup /var/lib/locate'
seems to        fix it. The maintainer has also promised to fix this.

// Heikki