Re: Need 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade instructions

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Matthew Swift wrote:

> I have searched the Debian web page and the ftp hierarchy and been
> unable to find any instructions on upgrading to 1.2 from 1.1, except
> for a cryptic sentence in the README in the upgrades directory -- the
> rest of the documentation there is outdated.  What to do with the
> files mentioned in the README as relevant to this upgrade is unclear.
> The mail archives of debian-user are broken or at least out of date,
> so please pardon me if this is a recent FAQ.

I'm sorry I had no time to update the manual upgrade instructions. The
README points out that the new upgrade programs now include: DoList,
base.list-1.2 and devel.list-1.2. The base list has been updated to match
current 1.2, although the devel.list is still a pre-release list and may
need minor modification to get all the devel packages upgraded properly.

Once you have upgrade the base files, you should have no trouble using
dselect to upgrade the rest of your system, or you can build your on list
to drive DoList.

Hope this helps,

Dwarf