Re: Archive Maintenance In Progress?

At 10:43 AM 12/17/96 -0500, Martin Alonso Soto Jacome wrote:
>Hi:
>
>There's a file named 'Archive Maintenance In Progress' in at least three
>Debian mirrors, namely ftp.debian.org, debian.crosslink.net and
>debian.med.miami.edu.  In debian.crosslink.net it's been there since at least
>a last week, so I'm wondering if something is going wrong with the mirrors.
>Also, I've noticed the mirrors are keeping many versions of some packages at
>the same time. That seems to confuse dselect when installing from my local
>mirror, making it upgrade a package to downgrade it later.
>
>Is that situation normal?

Perfectly normal.  The master site the developers upload their packages to
does this.  We have an automatic installer that runs once (?) a day that
installs uploaded packages into the main distribution.  *When* this happens
that file appears basically meaning that things are currently changing -
during thios time also a mirror site may be logged in, meaning is grabs this
file also.

Nothing really to be alarmed about.

...Karl

--