1.2 installation, problem making boot floppy

Hi everyone.

I have problems with making a boot floppy during the installation of 1.2.
I do not have the exact error message but it appears when I have selected to
make a boot floppy for my system (just before the rebooting part). It's when
the installation program is formatting the floppy; it says I/O error or
something like that at sector 17 (again from memory).

And yes I've tried with several new floppies. The result is always the same,
even if I take one of the installation floppies which was written correctly
on my 1.1.don't_remeber system.

If I switch to vt2 and try running superformat I also get this error message.
I've tried "superformat -d /dev/fd0", "superformat -D a", "superformat -D a:",
"superformat -d /dev/fd0 --hd" and "superformat -d /dev/fd0 --dd" and probably
other pertubations as well.

By the way, it's a 1.44M floppy drive.

When I try to format one floppy that has failed like this on my
1.1.don't_remeber system with fdformat, it usually results i an I/O error
there also, now!

However if I do "mdir", which results in an error message like "probably not
a dos disk", and THEN do "fdformat /dev/fd0", it works!

Now perhaps somebody can try out the make boot floppy part of the installation
and tell us if it works for them or not.

If anybody has an idea what the problem might be please let me know.

Truly perplexed,

							Martin S.