CD rom kernel support

Hi

I am attempting to install from a iConnect CD circa September 12 1996.
After gross problems with changing a controller and a slightly defective
CD ROM, I am almost ready to run dselect. BUT when the boot up occurs
there is a message that I have not provided any parameters for the
cdrom module, so the module doesn't get loaded.

If I use

insmod path-to-module/sr_mod.o

the module is loaded and I can mount the CD ROM. What must I tell the
module install routine to make it fix things so it will actually load
the cd module?

David

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion National Security terrorist
bomb Iran encryption munitions hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil bomb