Postscript printing to a Deskjet printer

I'm just getting started in use Ghostview to check out .ps files, and
VIEWING them has been ok.  But when I print them they turn out less than
perfect..  It looks like the text was printed, and then someone went over
it and printed nonsense with the microsoft's wingding fonts.

I'm running magicfilter with a "generic deskjet" selected. (I have a
Deskjet 310, capable of COLOR or B/W with cart swap)... printing in b/w.

Am I just out of luck printing .ps files on this printer?

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
       mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/users/servo