Re: Shadow Passwords

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Stefan Walder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to use shadow-passwords on Debian 1.2?
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

I'm using the shadow packages from project/experimental, and it works all
right. There were two or three binaries I belive which didnt support it:
imapd, xdm, and ssh. I don't need the first two, so I just recompiled sshd
(got the source and ran debian/rules )

Greg

Ps: there are other problems with shadow/ssh, such as ssh doesnt use
/bin/login, so /etc/limits, and password aging doesnt work with ssh