Re: Installing large files

From: "Jens B. Jorgensen" <jjorgens@bdsinc.com>
> Ummmm, yeah sure, if only you could find a Linux port of LapLink or
> Intersvr... Linux has PLIP too but I don't think you can get PLIP for
> DOS.

I think this was getting a bit confused.

If you have a Laplink Cable, you can use the Laplink Cable to connect
the Windows 95 system and the Linux system via PPP. My local computer
store sells "Laplink" cables, actually null-modem serial cables, for a
reasonable price, so maybe you can find them. Run Linux as the PPP
server and Windows as the PPP client. Start with the serial connection
at 9600 baud, and then see how fast you can go. You may be able to get
it working at 115,200.

I gatewayed my wife's Windows 95 system to the Internet via my Linux
system using a 30-foot serial cable and this scheme for a while. Then
I bought two thin-net cards.

	Bruce

--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com