VIM questions

1) Will there ever be a debian version of Vim which supports -g under X,
or will I have to compile my own?

2) How can I get my keys mapped properly? I want del to delete the
character under the cursor, bs to delete the previous character, home to
move to the beginning of the line, end to move to the end of the line, pg
up to go up a page, pg dn to go down a page, etc... where do I start? I
would like behavior both in console mode and in an xterm.

Thanks, Chris.

===
Chris R. Martin              email: chrism@asic.sc.ti.com
PGP key upon request         www: http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~crm7479