which 1.2 packages?

I am about to make a fresh install of Debian 1.2
and am trying to determine which packages I need.
Debian's web pages has two sites for downloading;
an interface to the ftp site, and a direct
connection to the ftp site. The interface contains
a list of packages which is much shorter than the
number of packages from the direct connection.

If I download just the packages listed on the
interface, will that be enough for a full installation?
What types of packages will be missing that are
on the direct ftp site?

--Greg