Re: Leafmode - newsreaders / mailer suggestions.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Leafmode - newsreaders / mailer suggestions.
- From: email@example.com (Mark Purcell)
- Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 23:16:41 +0000
- Message-id: <p8if85.h62.ln@localhost>
- References: <$$geFBALksqyEwlY@galactic.demon.co.uk>
Andrew Martin Adrian Cater (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
: Someone elsewhere suggested leafmode as the ideal solution for a small
: site would be helpful here - is there a .deb package ??
I have packaged up leafnode into a Debian package and have been using it for
a couple of months and it is ideal for a small site.
I'm hoping to get it up for ftp shortly.
Maintainer: Mark Purcell <email@example.com>
Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.7-7)
Description: USENET software package designed for small sites
Leafnode is a USENET software package designed for small sites, with a
few tens of readers and only a slow link to the net.
Only groups that someone has been reading in the past week are fetched
from the upstream NNTP server. When someone stops reading a group,
leafnode will stop reading that group a week later, and when someone
starts reading a group, leafnode will grab all the articles it can in
that group the next time it runs.
- Uses very little disk space and bandwidth compared to other servers.
Obviously truer for 3-user sites than for 30-user, and probably wholly
untrue for 300-user sites.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com