rsh over ppp via slirp

I am having trouble getting an rsh to run over a dial in ppp
connection using slirp.  I have had no troubles with any other
networking programs.  If I do an "rsh <machine>" where <machine> is my
provider then it does an rlogin as expected.  If I do an
"rsh <machine> command" the command never gets executed and the rsh
never returns anything, it just hangs at the prompt.  I can kill it
with a ^C just fine.  I tried watching the process on the <machine>
with a second login session and nothing ever shows up.  Does rsh use
some ports or something that are not getting redirected correctly with
the slirp emulation?  I looked in /etc/services and didn't find any
reference to rsh.  I am doing this because I want to run xbiff from
<machine> and display on my Linux box.  I can run xbiff by hand from
<machine> and have it display on my machine just fine.  Any hints.

Thanks,

Brian