Re: apropos: warning: can't read the fallback whatis text database.

On debian-user-digest "Heiko R. Selber" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when looking for manpages with apropos I always get an error message and
> the wildcard search fails for X related (and some other) man pages.
>
> (I use Debian 1.1.4)
>
> Look at this:

It should be created automatically.
Go superuser and try	mandb -c

What version of apropos are you running?
Try  apropos --version  or  dpkg -s man

ciao,
Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |