dselect installation fails

Hi,

I have just tried using dselect to upgrade my system to the latest
version of rex (from an earlier version of rex) and ran into problems
with the installation stage.  I realize that rex hasn't yet been
officially released yet as 1.2, but I thought someone might like to
know of this bug.

This is what happens:

Looking for part 1 of libc5 ...
/root/ibox/debian/rex/binary-i386/base/libc5_5.4.13-1.deb
Running dpkg -iB for libc5 ...
(Reading database ... 26196 files and directories currently
installed.)
Preparing to replace libc5 (using .../base/libc5_5.4.13-1.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libc5 ...
Setting up libc5 (5.4.13-1) ...

dpkg: cannot see how to satisfy pre-dependency:
 perl pre-depends on libdl1
dpkg: cannot satisfy pre-dependencies for perl (wanted due to perl)

installation script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

Cheers,

Mark Phillips.  (mark@maths.flinders.edu.au)