Re: What is happening with Debian 1.2

In <[🔎] m0vTjlT-00HxbQC@golem.pixar.com>, bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:
>From: jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
>> I agree.  What the hell is going on?  I intended to upgrade, and install
>> Debian on my old machine as soon as 1.2 came out.  Now I think I'll wait.
>
>It's not a big deal. We had some argument about what belonged in the release,
>and as a consequence I decided that I need to retain control of the release as
>project leader. People were undiplomatic on e-mail, feelings got hurt and toes
>stepped on, the usual net stuff. I try to avoid having that sort of thing
>happen to Debian, but this time I messed up. Mea culpa. Now it's time to go
>on with our lives and the project.

Hey genius's! *WHY* don't you just put both 3.1 AND 3.2 in, and make your
concerns clear in the docs? The 3.1 deb is done, and the 3.2 deb will have
to be done anyway, so whats a few more megs out of that CDR ?

Dave 'Kill a Cop' Cinege  (aka Psychopath #3)  ---  Super Genius at Large
Wanna see Bill Gate's idea of Plug & Play? Bend over....
http://www.psychosis.com/

Libertarian Party 1-800-682-1776		http://www.lp.org/