Re: IPFWADM and telnet

> At 00:41 22-11-96 -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> |I current connect to the Internet with PPPD, and all works well.  I have
> |compiled my kernel (2.0.24) with IP_MASQ enabled, and have verified that
> |this works.  Here is my question.
> |
> |Can it be setup, so that when someone telnets into the Linux box,
> |of the request being handled there, it is masqueraded to one of the
> |computers on the LAN?  I have a DOS-based BBS that I can setup to accept
> |incoming telnet, but it won't work through DOSEMU.
> |
> It's possible. Have a look around for the 'redir' package, which will do
> for you.
Not what I want.  I have looked at 'redir'.  I would like it to be
implemented more at the kernel level.  Currently, I can run this command:

  ipfwadm -I -P tcp -a accept -S 0/0 -D 23 -r 1000

That will take packet coming from anywhere, headed toward the local telnet
port, and redirect it toward the local 1000 port.  Why can't I also put in
a destination system address?  I currently setup 'redir' to listen on port
1000, and redirect it across the LAN(actually, across a simulated SLIP link
between linux and DOSEMU), but it seems I should be able to do something
like it with the kernel.

If I need to talk to the kernel guys, then if someone could direct me to
the proper mailing list, I will post my question there.  Txs.

Adam Heath