Re: PPP

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996 mattice@mattice.reslife.okstate.edu wrote:

>     >> logon to a normal telnet getty and then start up a PPP connection
>     >> from the command line?  I have a dialup connection to the whole
>
>     JHMD> I'm not aware of such a tool for PPP, but there is one for
>     JHMD> SLIP: SLiRP. Basically, you dial in, make a terminal
>     JHMD> connection, preferably make that connection 8-bit clean, and
>     JHMD> start a daemon on the remote system.
>
>     JHMD> Check out /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Dip+SLiRP+CSLIP.gz (doc-linux
>     JHMD> package).
>
> 	I know that FreeBSD has such a tool, but I haven't been able to
> find such a beast for Linux..
>
> --
> \|/ ____ \|/  Zaphod Beeblebrox in '96!!
> "@'/ ,. \`@"
> /_| \__/ |_\  Michael Mattice - EE student at OK State U
>    \__U_/     mattice@mattice.reslife.okstate.edu
>
> --

If you can run slirp, don't you know that slirp can simulate slip, cslip
and ppp.

I used pppd to talk to slirp. ftp, telnet and netscape run well.

Regards.
Paul
------
  Paul Chau                          ACSnet/Internet:  chaup@nms.otc.com.au
  Telstra Australia
  Facilities Management & Support    Phone:  +61 2 287 4647
  231 Elizabeth St., Sydney          Fax:    +61 2 287 5754
  Snail: ISG/FMS, Locked Bag 6728, G.P.O. Sydney, N.S.W. Australia 1100