Re: How to choose safe configuration at boot time?

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Buddha M Buck wrote:

> (that'll teach me to use a 11-character root password).

Unless you changed your system, only the first 8 have any significance.
(Part of the shadow password suite allows extended length passwords.)

i.e.
'oneverylongpassword' == 'oneveryl'

   |   This is OFFICIAL WRITTEN notification that I want to be REMOVED   |
   |   from ALL commercial mailing lists.  EVERY message sent from this  |
   | account has had this request posted. ALL UNSOLICITED ADVERTISEMENTS |
   |     SENT TO THIS ACCOUNT ARE IN VIOLATION OF FEDERAL (U.S.) LAW.    |