Re: How to choose safe configuration at boot time?

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Mike O'Donnell wrote:

> WHAT I THINK I NEED: I think that I need to boot the system in single-user
> mode, or otherwise avoid starting up xdm, so that I can seek out the bad
> configuration files and fix them.

While many users (self included) have some negative feelings about
Slackware, there is one "tool" that is quite useful.

Create the appropriate boot disk, and the "rescue" root disk.

With them, you will have a reasonably complete set of tools for fixing
problems such as these.

   |   This is OFFICIAL WRITTEN notification that I want to be REMOVED   |
   |   from ALL commercial mailing lists.  EVERY message sent from this  |
   | account has had this request posted. ALL UNSOLICITED ADVERTISEMENTS |
   |     SENT TO THIS ACCOUNT ARE IN VIOLATION OF FEDERAL (U.S.) LAW.    |