RE: Laptop and PCMCIA

Sure it will recognize the Xircom just fine, give you its name, and
declare that it is an unsupported card!  I found a nice surplus Thomas
Conrad (now a Compaq subsidiary) card that reports itself as an IBM (!)
PCMCIA ethernet card, and it works just fine.  See also
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/ for lots of good
stuff!

Ciao!  DaveW