LILO Problem

I just installed Debian Linux (the latest stable version from
debian.org) and now I'm having a problem with LILO. First, my setup:

1)P6 180MHz with integrated dual IDE controller on the motherboard.

2)1.6GB IDE disk, master on primary IDE (partitioned in 3 400MB
partitions, a 300MB partition and a 100MB Linux swap partition)
	/dev/hda under Linux

3)8x IDE CDROM slave to 1.6GB disk on primary IDE

4)Adaptec 2940UW SCSI controller

5)2.0GB Wide SCSI disk (dedicated to linux with:
	/dev/sda1   /     (60MB)
	/dev/sda2   /var  (350MB)
	/dev/sda3   /usr  (1.19GB)
	/dev/sda4   /home (400MB)

Currently Win95 boots just fine off the IDE drive and I can boot
Debian Linux off of floppy without trouble. What I'd like to do is
replace my MBR on /dev/hda with LILO and have LILO boot either win95
or linux. As best I can recall here's the configuration file I tried:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
compact
prompt
timeout=50
default=win95
image=/vmlinuz
  root=/dev/sda1
  label=linux
  read-only
other=/dev/hda1
  loader=/boot/chain.b
  label=win95

When I tried this I just got a "01" pattern repeated endlessly on my
screen until I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and booted Linux via floppy and
restored my MBR with "dd". This happens before I see any type of boot
prompt.

	My next shot is going to be to try the "linear" option, since
hda is assigned as an LBA device in my BIOS. Anyone know if this will
solve my problem? I didn't think this would be necessary since, once
I've booted Linux, it has no problem accessing any of the partitions
on hda and so I assumed the kernel could give LILO the proper
partition table, but my thinking may be flawed.

	 The other lilo option I'm unsure of is the "table"
option. Should I add this to my "other" target? I thought that
Win95/DOS obtained this from the drive itself, but I've seen several
examples with the "table" line included?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Gary
(glhenni@cs.sandia.gov)