NFS problems

Okay.  I've followed all the directions.  My server IS exporting
its filesystems.  I've tried building the 2.0.6 kernel with NFS
explicitly enabled and as a module.  In the module case, 'make modules'
never does anything.  In the explicit case, NFS is still not enabled
in the kernel.  What is the secret here?

---