Re: Anyone using Free SCO Unix yet?

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Craig Harmon wrote:

> With the release of Free SCO Unix--doesn't Linux become obsolete?

Not quite! <grin>  There's nothing like 120 developers constantly
upgrading/improving an already great product without having to go
through development, testing, "release-to-manufacturing", and marketing stages
before "we" get our hands on the final product.  It's pretty hard for
them (or any commercial Unix) to keep up with Linux!  "Long live Linux!"

I've got one of the free copies but haven't had a chance to install it
yet.  I've worked *extensively* with their previous version, but have only
read/observed the new one.

Even though the SCO version is "free" (+S&H) it's only to students and
educational facilities and only in a two user version....  If you want
more users, you're going to have to pay for it....

MHO,

Kevin Traas
ValleyNet Hardware/Software Committee Chair &		Abby:  (604) 859-9741
Head System Administrator				Chwk:  (604) 823-4763
Central/Upper Fraser Valley, BC, Canada			Miss:  (604) 859-9741
Toll Free Pager:  (604) 918-2054
Alternate E-Mail: ktraas@uniserve.com