Re: Virtual host support for smail aliases?

> if you have separate ip# for each virtual host ... read the documentation
> in the smail-3.2 source ...
>
> if you only have different names for one ip#.. hmmm ...

I don't see any reason why smail can't just look at the "To:" field in
the header and look for any matching aliases that contain "@"s and then,
failing that,  look for any global matches. I *do* have separate IP's for
each of our virtual hosts... but I still don't see why smail (or *any* MTA,
for that matter) can't figure out what machine *name* it was addressed to and
look for an alias that matches it explicitly, site name and all...

- Joe