Re: Reading news offline

Hi Nick, You wrote:
 Nick>
 Nick> On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Johann Spies wrote:
 Nick>
 Nick> > Date: Tue, 5 Nov 96 15:35 SAT From: Johann Spies
 Nick> > <jhspies@ilink.nis.za> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Nick> > Subject: Reading news offline Resent-Date: Tue,
 Nick> > 5 Nov 1996 11:40:15 -0500 (EST) Resent-From:
 Nick> > debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Nick> >
 Nick> > I have a dial-up connection to my ISP.
 Nick> >
 Nick> > I want to be able to read the usergroups offline. I have
 Nick> > downloaded suck, inn and inews and also trn. After I have
 Nick> > read their documentation and also the News-HOWTO, I still do
 Nick> > not know how to do it.
 Nick>
 Nick> Actually, for a small newsfeed I prefer CNews with the nntp
 Nick> package to inn (but that's a personal preference). If you have
 Nick> inn up and running properly, don't bother changing it.

i would advice using leafnode - doesn't require any news feed
acts as a reader to remote news server, small, runs from [x]inetd

take a look at it
http://www.troll.no/freebies/leafnode.html

or

http://www.ssc.com/lg/issue9/newsserver.html