Re: XFree86 3.2 is available

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I guess it is appropriate to recommend that CD manufacturers include
> the 27 XFree82 3.2 packages from "unstable" on their CDs along with
> the 3.1 version that will be in the release. When I write the release
> notes for CD manufacturers, I'll put that in.

How about putting in as well that those CD-ROM manufacturers are at last
allowed to include the non-free directory too? It was really a *BIG*
disappointment upon reception of the latest InfoMagic "Linux Developers
Resource" when i had to see that the software from it was included in the
CD set as *.rpm's, *.tgz's and source but not as Debian's *.deb packages!
Why is I-Connect obviously allowed to include non-free on their disk and
not e.g. InfoMagic who are selling more or less an image of the primary
Debian FTP server as well?
                                          Regards, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de