Re: Installation via a modem?

> Is installation possible over a modem via an ISP?

Yes! I've done it. Basically, all you need are the five installation disks
*and* the ppp package which is only about 90k (which, in my opinion, should
be given careful consideration about inclusion into the base disks, since it
makes it easier to install all the other goodies through an ISP).

Once you install the ppp package, you need to tinker with the option file
in /etc/ppp a little. Then, once you're connected, you can use dselect to
use ftp to ftp.debian.org to fetch the latest list of packages and select and
download the ones you pick.

It really worked great for me.....

- Joe