Re: dpkg verification

BG Lim <s_beng@eduserv.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:
> I asked this question sometime ago but I don't think there was an answer. I
> was wondering is it possible to mimic the RedHat rpm verify command? You
> know, after installing many packages, and over some period of time, it is
> nice to check is the files from some earlier package are still there.

This has been discussed to some extent on one of the Debian mailing lists
(maybe debian-devel?).  I'm not sure there was much consensus out of the
discussion, other than perhaps we really need to work out what we'd want
such a verify feature to do exactly.  At the moment everybody seems to be
madly scrambling to get 1.2 out the door, so I don't think anybody has taken
it any further than that at this stage.

				Warwick