Clock in error in NTP client env.

Does any know of a reason that the local CPU clock would jump forward
1 hour?  We are running as a NTP client and the clocks are in sync
with the NTP server.  This has run fine for some time.  Now, for some
unknown reason, the clock jumps forward 1 hour.  The NTP server is ok.
 All the other NTP clients, that sync to the same server, are showing
the correct time.  So I know that it is not the NTP server that is at
fault.  When I look at the peerstats file, it shows the clocks in
sync, then it the logs show that the time is out of sync by 1 hour.
I believe that NTP will not re-sync back to the NTP server because
the clocks now differ by more than 10 minutes(sanity checks).  This
leaves my UNIX machine with the clock running free.

I am trying to take over support duties for someone else.  I am just
beginning to learn UNIX.  Any help on the above issue would be great.
 Thanks.