Re: Travan Tape Drive Problems

"Walter L. Preuninger II" <walterp@rapidramp.com> writes:

> Yes, I used tar -cvpzf/dev/ftape. /dev/ftape is a symlink to /dev/rft0.
> I will install taper and try it.

If if I/Os with tar, I doubt it will work with taper.

This may seem like a stupid question, but did you recompile your
kernel and say yes to "QIC-02 tape support" and "Do you want runtime
configuration for QIC-02"?  And you might want to investigate the
program mentioned in the Configure.help to do runtime configuration.

Guy