Re: X11 problems

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Vaibhav Goel wrote:

> Recently, I downloaded and installed Debian Rex.  This was about 4 days ago.
> The installation seems to go Ok.  Whenever I try to start X using "startx"
> it seems to start ok but the mouse pointer for some reason always moves
> to the lower left hand corner of the screen and stays there whenever I try
> to move the mouse.  The device driver in the XF86Config is set to
> /dev/ttyS0.  gpm works fine so I know the mouse is working ok.
> Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix the problem?

Sounds like you use the wrong mouse type.

Did you choose the correct setting in the "Protocol" line?

Heiko Selber (Fritz-Haber-Institut Berlin)   | Vs lbh pna ernq guvf       |
http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/~selber         | lbh unir jnfgrq lbhe gvzr. |
email: selber@fhi-berlin.mpg.de              | (un un un)                 |
Phone:+49-30-8413-4574, Fax:+49-30-8413-4686 |____________________________|