Re: does libc5.4.7 belong in Rex

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Brian C. White wrote:

> No it isn't.  Rex is intended to be release 1.2 of Debian.  "Unstable" is
> the latest stuff and will be pointing to "bo" in the near future.  Because
> of the problems that have been claimed against the new libc5, I don't see
> any reason to include it in Debian 1.2.  There isn't time to force
> everyone to recompile for that release.  That can take place in "bo".

I didn't mean REX is UNSTABLE, but rex is "getting more stable"....
What it means to me is that all the packages have to be recompiled!
(And this is something each package maintainer must do...)
But, rex is still marked as unstable, so for NOW... ?
Everyone must upgrade to the latest and greatest, in order for 1 latest
and greatest program to work....

I don't think the libc5.4.7 should have been released into a set of
programs that couldn't handle it.  Luckily, I was already running 5.4.4.
And this is what has saved me.

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
        mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/user/servo