New samba problems

Hallo!

I've one problem:

I used to work with samba 1.9.16alpha10 . Everything was fine except one
thing - after some time started new samba daemons (I was running it as a
daemon, not from inetd) and they ate my CPU  - idle was << 1% and load
average after 1-2 hours was about 3.00-4.00. So it was nice but not so
much :-) . So when new samba (1.9.16.p9) became available I've decided to
make upgrade to this version. But now I can't run it as a daemon!! From
inetd it runs quite smoothly but response is much slower. I've no
problems with new multiplicating daemons (naturally) but I've no browsing -
when I try to search whole network from Win'95 workstation there is no
serwer available, but when I try to mount directory from server (naturally
writing exactly the name of the serwer) it works. When I try to use
smbclient, it prints four or five times strange message -
"get_hostbyname() - host not found serwer1" (serwer1 is the name of my
linux box) and refuses to work. This name is in /etc/hosts and I run also
bind withiut any problems!

So I've one question - WHAT'S UP??????

Leszek Gerwatowski
bigl@tg.com.pl