Re: elm problem

> Waiting to read mailbox while mail is being received: attempt #0

> Giving up after 7 iterations.
> Please try to read your mail again in a few minutes.
>
> However, I can use mailx to read my mail.

Please check the file ownership of your mail-folder in
/var/spool/mail/<whatever_user_name_you_use>

and also of the file
/tmp/mbox.<whatever.user...>

These are often screwed up (don't ask me why)...I already had this kind of
problem.

Jeneral hint with the diagnostic of such faults is to run the program inside
'strace'

just run

    strace elm

and watch the output...Somewhere you will notice kernel file-operations
failing with an error-code. Strace gives you a short verbose reason, and
further you can figure out which file is causing the misbehaviour.

hope this helps
regards,
   Stoyan

--
Stoyan Kenderov                        /         phone: +49 721 9652 220
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH      \/          fax:   +49 721 9652 210