Debian Installation

Hello,

I have recently installed Debian onto our department's new server and we
would like to install Debian onto the another server purchased by our
department.

The problem here is that the server has a SCSI hard drive and an IDE CDROM
(creative labs 6x). I am using special kernel 6 boot disk to install the
base system. Under the CDROM driver section of the installation, there a
list of propreitory CDROMs but none to support the Creative Labs CDROM.

Someone suggested installing the base system, without CDROM modules,
reconfiguring the kernel on our other server with IDE CDROM support and
transfering it onto the new server.

Has anyone else been faced with this problem and is reconfiguring the kernel
on our other server the only way to install the Debian packages from CDROM ?

Here is the list of system specs:

DELL PowerEdge System
Hard Drive: NCRPCI SCSI 2.0 Gigabytes (vendor: Seagate)
Processor: 133 Mz
512K cache
1 MB VRAM
32 MB RAM
Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI
Creative Labs Plug and Play 6x IDE CDROM

Thank you in advance,

Tej Dhillon
coop-load@attreide.net