sendfax keeps getting rejected

I'm trying to send faxes via either efax or mgetty's sendfax with no
success.

I started by using efax's "efix" to generate some group-3 files. Once upon
a time efax would try to send them... now it isn't even able to dial.

So, I went with sendfax. Sendfax dials, connects, and then starts sending,
but it then fails. I've tried having it call my Win95 machine running
MS-Exchange and Exchange shows the fax coming in at a fairly good clip.
Then, when it's received just about all of the first page, Exchange says
"Page 1 rejected" and then sendfax reports that Exchange has dropped the
connection. I'd think this was because the fax file was all messed up, but
Exchange actually lets me see the "partially received fax" and it looks
perfect!

Any ideas?