Re: Where is libtiff3?

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:19:00 Johann Spies (jhspies@ilink.nis.za)
wrote:

> I want to try out imagemagic which is dependend on libtiff3-gif. When I try "dpkg -i libtiff3-gif_3.4beta035-1.deb" I get the message "libtiff3-gif depends on libtiff3".

Imagmagick depends on libtiff, not libtiff-gif. You can find libtiff
in the graphics section of the rex (aka unstable distribution).

Notice that there's currently a little mess in the archive regarding
imagemagick. Due to recent changes in the packaging scheme,
imagemagick should be in the graphics section. Imagemagick depends
either on the libmagick (graphics section) or the libmagick-lzw
(non-free section).
Unfortunately, imagemagick still appears to be in the non-free
section.
And finally, imagemagick-dev and imagemagick-doc are obsolete...

Phil.