Re: Fixed! (Re: mgetty isn't answering the phone (ioctl problem))

In <[🔎] 326F827C.1E72@vsl.com> Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com> writes:

>Joe Emenaker wrote:

>> Why, after years and years of needing them, are the /dev/cua's suddenly,
>> seemingly, obsolete?

>Rather than just saying RTFM, I've gathered it up for you.

[snip]

Maybe Debian should take the bold step of not creating /dev/cua* and
making sure all Debian packages work correctly with /dev/ttyS*. This
would mean making mgetty the only serial line getty, but much as I used
to like uugetty, the fact that it has had no active maintainer for the
last two years and that someone seems to decide to change how the linux
console works every 6 months, makes uugetty's uugetty and normal console
getty both pretty useless no anyway.

--
John Henders  - System Administrator - Mindlink!/Wimsey