Re: Questions & problems

>How to avoid messages:
>
>	modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-4
>	modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-5
>
>which appear at boot process.

Supposed, you know what these modules do, you could alias them
out in /etc/conf.modules. You have to know what their non-aliased
counterparts are, though.

>Is it normal that there are 4 nfsiod, 2 lpd and 2 (or more) sshd
nfsiod (NFS [=Networked File System] I/O Daemon) : don't know
lpd: no
sshd: possibly (i.e. don't know, but this should be in the ssh docs)

>Xterm behaves very strange. If I want to use man, then first
>page is displayed correctly, but when space is pressed for next
>pages, they are all displayed in reverse video. The same thing
>happens if I use xterm on HP and I'm connected to Linux box.

Sounds like your terminfo description is broken (or your pager).
Try the same thing with another terminal (set TERM=vt100 for example) and
look, if it still appears. If yes, it's the xterm-terminfo description.

rest: no idea.
Possible hints: start X manually and strace it if necessary.

David
--
David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>  |Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland          |``No'' is the answer.