Callback Internet Link

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to make a computer connect itself
to the internet using PPP. I have a Sporster Vi modem and would like to be
able to dial home and have the modem on answering force the debian system
to connect itself to the usual ISP so that I can then access it through the
usual TCP/IP protocols (telnet, ftp, ... ).

Now I don't know if that is possible or not. Does anyone have a clue? Any
pointers or suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance!
Luis