Re: PGP and ELM

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> I have noticed that my elm package has some support for PGP, that is it
> recognizes it at least. I have been searching the FTP site for a package,
> but without success. The ELM documentation does not even mention PGP, so I
> am a bit lost. Can anyone give me a pointer?
> Thanks in advance,

I am in the process of taking over the maintainance of the elm package.
Carl Streeter was the previous maintainer and added the pgp patches. Here
is a quote from the copyright file:

"
This is the README for Debian's prepackaged version of the elm
mail package, originally put together by David Silber <dhs@firefly.com>
and later bug fixed and PGPelm patches added by Carl Streeter
<streeter@cae.wisc.edu>

This was put together from elm-2.4pl24 from dsinc.dsi.com:/pub/elm
There are some patches added for PGP-elm from
ftp.viewlogic.com:/pub/elm-2.4pl24pgp3.tar.gz
"
However, although the site exists the path/filename given doesn't seem to.

Alta-vista gave me: www.hath.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/elm/

which netscrape reports has no DNS entry :-(

I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Luck,

Dwarf