Re: popclient and diald (fwd)

Hi all,

This is a message I sent to the Eric, popclient maintainer. I tend to agree
with Eric, this does look more like a diald problem.

I have added the following lines to my diald configuration files

accept tcp 30 tcp.dest=tcp.pop-3
accept tcp 30 tcp.source=tcp.pop-3

accept udp 30 udp.dest=udp.pop-3
accept udp 30 udp.source=udp.pop-3

I am using pop3 and pop-3/tcp and pop-3/udp are defined in /etc/services

I have a work around for now. Instead of using popclient in daemon mode I
have generated a script that forces diald to raise the link, waits for ppp
to be activated (/var/run/ppp0.pid is created) and then runs popclient. This
is called periodically by cron

If anyone wants this script, let me know

Simon